Con Noi Apartments is the trading name of Bella Casa Carindale Pty Ltd ATF Bella Casa Carindale Trust. Con Noi is strongly committed to the protection of our customers, employees and volunteers’ privacy (hereafter you, your). This policy provides information on how Con Noi uses and protects any information that you give us when you use this website. This policy complies with the Australian Government Privacy Act (1998) and Privacy Amendment (Enhancing Privacy Protection) Act 2012. Con Noi has additional Privacy Policies for both residents and staff covering information collection and use outside of what is collected through the Con Noi website. These polices are available on request.
Collection and Use of Information
1) The type of personal information which we may collect is:
- Individual’s names and addresses and other contact details.
- Contact details for an individual’s health care professionals and their relatives, guardians and/or attorneys.
- Health information and other necessary personal information required to provide services to clients.
- Photographs and other uploaded files.
2) How information is collected:
- We collect personal information directly from individuals through the completion of website forms.
- In some circumstances, we may collect personal information from organisations or entities that refer individuals to us (for example from health service providers, or from relatives of the individual).
- We collect information from other sources only where it is necessary for us to have the information to provide health services to the individual.
3) The main purpose for which we collect this information:
- We use the information for internal business purposes, such as quality assurance and market research.
- We may also use the information to provide you with information about our services and activities (for example, newsletters). You may inform us if you do not wish to receive this type of information.
- Where we take photographs we will seek consent for use in publications.
4) Sharing information. We will only disclose personal information outside the Service in the following circumstances:
- To other health service providers as part of the provision of health services;
- To relatives, guardians or attorneys, unless you request us not to disclose information to them;
- To contractors or agents who we engage as part of our provision of services to you, or to organisations that provide services to us, such as legal advisers;
- To government agencies that provide funding to us;
- To other aged care service providers that provide related services to our clients.
5) Access to personal information.
- You have a right to information held about you in accordance with Federal and Queensland legislation, and to correct or update the information if you can establish that it is incorrect.
- Only written requests for access will be accepted. In general, we will respond to your request for access within 14 days.
- We may require you to provide proof of identity before we release information to you. We may provide access under supervision in some circumstances.
- Relatives, guardians or attorneys may, in some circumstances, request access to information about an individual for whom they are responsible. We may require proof of their authority to make this kind of request.
If you would like a copy of the information held on you, please write to the Privacy Officer, 30 Scrub Road, Carindale, Qld, 4152
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- Not completing the information requested in the website.
- Including a statement in the relative “Comments” box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes.
- Sending a separate email to firstname.lastname@example.org advising what information was provided through other sources and that you do not want the information to be used by anybody or for direct marketing purposes.
- If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to the Privacy Officer, us at Con Noi, 30 Scrub Road, Carindale, Qld, 4152, or emailing us at email@example.com.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. The file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. You can choose to accept or decline cookies through your own computer security settings. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
All complaints and the outcomes are recorded into an electronic recording system that provides traceability of our communication with you. Our internal business processes prescribe responsibility and timeframes for timely complaint resolution. All documentary records of a complaint are kept confidential, and the information securely filed by the person closing out the complaint.
For more information about privacy in general, clients can visit the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner website at www.oaic.gov.au
Information book explains all you need to know about Con Noi, the apartments, the lifestyle and the fees and charges involved.